Ragging is totally prohibited in the campus or hostels. Anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting
ragging whether actively or passively, or being a part of conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be
punished in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009 as well as under the provisions of any penal law
for the time being in force. In view of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in SLP No. 24295 of
2006 dated 16-05-2007 and in Civil Appeal number 887 of 2009, dated 08-05-2009 to prohibit, prevent
and eliminate the scourge of ragging; All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and University
Grants Commission (UGC) bring forth appropriate Regulations.
As per Regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009,
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of following acts:
- Any conduct by any student whether by words spoken or written or by act which has the effect of
teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student which causes or is likely to cause
annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any
fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which he/she will not in the ordinary course do and which has the
effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely
affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any
other student or a fresher
- Exploiting the service of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned
to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults,
stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts/ gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to
health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, email, post, public insults which would also include deriving
perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from activity or passively participating in the
discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self- confidence of a fresher or any other student with
or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by
a student over any fresher or any other student.
In the event of ragging any one or more of the following punishments may be given:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the University/Institution in any regional, national or international
meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the University for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the University and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a
Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging
are not identified, the University shall resort to collective punishment. Apart from inviting any
disciplinary action, the erring student may also be subjected to face any legal action as prescribed
under the UGC Regulations/by the Concerned Authority. MRSPTU, Bathinda ensures that a congenial and
welcoming environment is given to the fresher.
- National Anti Ragging Help Line
- Anti-Ragging - Aman Satya Kachroo Movement
Anti Ragging Committee
||Anti Ragging Committee 2019-20
||Anti Ragging Committee 2020-21
||Anti Ragging Committee 2022-23
||Anti Ragging Committee 2023-24
Anti Flying Squad and Duty Chart