'Training & Placement Cell' to cater to the needs of students in making them job-ready, employable and industry-suitable with the following objectives:
- Career guidance and personality development through orientation programs, seminars, counseling sessions and workshops.
- Education and training for creating strong human resource capacities for the food processing industry and academic institutions in the country.
- Research and development for creating environment friendly methods of utilizing the vast biomass in the country and food industrial wastes for increased economic returns of the producers and processors.
- Training for upgrading the skills of academicians, research students and food processing entrepreneurs and manpower for promoting growth of new food industry and entrepreneurship in the country.
- Consultancy to existing food industries or for creation of new food industries for better performance, efficient functioning, and for byproduct and waste utilization and effective effluent management.
- Upgradation and digitalization of Training & Placement Cell for effective implementation.
- Development of Cloud-based Placement Portal for effective communication between industry and students.
- Development of Mobile App for placement assistance and related communications.
- Organization of career counseling seminars, personality and skill development workshops, need-based Finishing Schools etc.
- Visit and interact with industries for effective participation and job communication.
- Inclusion of industry-based skill components in the curriculum.
- Arrangements for in campus and off campus placement drives, job fairs etc.
- Training and Placement support to students.